Monday, January 5, 2015

Wild White Egret

Painting #4
I was distracted today.  Looks like I will be packing to move tomorrow.  I am in desperate need of more room to work.  My husband likes bigger houses.  So we are upgrading to a bigger house, but not too big.  No need to have too much house to clean.  Real estate has been a roller coaster these last few years.  This morning it looked like we were going to walk away from the house we had been working on buying for the last few months.  I was willing to accept either outcome, but God laid upon my heart this morning that he had not had the last word yet.  We looked at other houses.  There where several possibilities.  Let the other house go.  It came walking back.  The sellers are now willing to negotiate.

It was 11:00 EST.  Not one brush has been wet today.  I was flipping through photos and I ran across the one where this great egret was voicing his opinion from behind some foliage.  Great.  I love to paint white.  I reversed things.  The bird was darker against the sky in the photo.  In my painting the sky defines the bird.  The color in his head and beak was brought down into his body.  This one was slapped down with not much fussing.  Good night.

1 comment: