Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fisherman on the Rocks

I am back.  After a week of moving a painting appeared today.  Unpacking and setting up the new house has not kept me away from my brushes.  It has been the details on the phone, setting up internet and such.

This painting was a great comeback.  I had sketched this out before the moving truck showed up.  Today work progressed very smoothly.  The light on the rocks was excellent, giving me a lot of texture to work with.  I elevated the painting a bit, and stood up to make sure I had accents and shadows where they needed to be.

My paper had a few imperfections, grabbing the paint in odd ways with the light wash in the sky.  A tissue to absorb paint in those areas made the suggestion of clouds.  I am surprised the darker blimishes picked up, but the paint was still wet.

The fisherman was easy to paint.  Fortunately, I had a steady hand when putting in the pole and line.  One hiccup would have doomed this one to mediocre.   

This on is a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment