Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Seagull at Sunset

I cleaned up my paints today.  Then I started messing around.  This painting crashed and burned early.  Once the painting is not working, experimenting is not so scary.  I played with laying different kinds of pigments next to each other.  I am not happy with the results, but if you are going to paint, you do should not be afraid of producing a few ugly ones.  The learning process is always of value.  I might try this one again in a couple of days.  Maybe there will be improvement.  I do need to do a couple of sunsets.  This painting did not start out as one. 

My photos are not the best.  I am moving into a bigger place at mid month.  I will have a whole room as my studio.  In the guest room I will set up for photographing paintings correctly.  I can leave the camera and lights set up, until I have company.  It is great to throw a painting on an easel and have an accurate photo in minutes. 

This is a very chaotic month to do a painting a day, but then again the challenge keeps me painting.  I am happier if I am painting.  After the move I can get more serious about my work.  This seems like play.  Play is good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment