Friday, January 16, 2015

Ibis

I think that lack of an accurate photo is not showing this one in it's best light.  My move has been delayed until next week.  It has been crazy around here.  By next weekend I should be able to consistently post better photos.

When I first saw an Ibis, there actually three of them walking on the beach, among quite a few beach goers.  It was at the end of the season so the birds had lost most of their shyness.  These white medium size birds are so attractive with their orange to red legs and face parts.  This bird had great coloring so I chased him down the beach quite a distance to get a good angle. 

He has a stunning blue eye.  Daniel Smith, Horizon blue is just the right color

At sunset most of his body is shadowed but he is back-lit. I will definitely come back to this one later and develop values.

No comments:

Post a Comment