Saturday, January 17, 2015

Green Fishing Boat

We went to Marco Island today, in the morning.  I love morning light.  The water looked like it was full of diamonds as we crossed the bridge.  I like stopping and exploring the little fishing nooks.  Surprises always spring up.

This is a painting of a boat heading out for a fishing charter.  The color of the sky defines the top of the. boat.  The two men on board gives it more interest.  I decided to add color to the water.  Describing sky and water with shapes and action of strokes help describe the motion.  I remember reading that water looks different in as your eye moves across it.  This is much different than when we just picked up the blue, and filling in the area as smoothly as possible.  This water I now see has more life.  It is a challenge to show that action and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment