Thursday, January 15, 2015

Flying Pelican

The is not one of my favorites, but it is a fair job.  I played around with opaque pigments.  I know that seems to be contrary to watercolor.  Transparency is held dear.  I am still fascinated with the opaque watercolor pigments.  They are see-through in watered down solutions, but can cover even dark colors.

This painting is done from a photo I took last year at the pier.  There were lots of birds.  I took over a hundred photos of moving birds.  This one was clear with a full wingspread.  It was shear luck and persistence.

The tension is over about my move.  We passed the closing date without confirmed funding.  At last we are moving next Wednesday.  I am going to have to get a few paintings ahead to keep up with the daily postings.

 I think my next painting I do will be using all transparent paint.  Watercolor is so much fun, because you can really mix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment