Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Yellow Slicker

I did not feel good today.  I went to breakfast at 11:00.  I slept a lot today.  In the afternoon I had accomplished the drawing.  My husband indulged me with takeout Chinese.  After dinner I took another nap.  Watched the debate.  Painting started at 10:30 p.m. 

Necessity kept this very loose and fluid.  Had a little problem with things being too wet as I progressed.  I used to do life drawing with watercolor.  The short poses present a problem that nothing can dry enough to get some real definition.  I learned to use colored pencils, but now I use watercolor pencils.  I line here a tough of color there goes a long way.  

This man is on the beach.  I think he is working on a net, but the net does not really show up in my photo.  I am happy with this.  I like working with yellow.  It is easy to muck up yellow, but it stayed fresh in this painting.

I think that I will finish off the month with various people.  Five more paintings to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment