Saturday, September 24, 2016

Charlie

This is Charlie, Maxwell's best dog friend.  He appears to be about Max's size, but he weighs nothing.  He can sail through the air and land on my lap in a heartbeat.  I did a photo shoot of Charlie earlier this week.  I go a pretty good shot with lots of back lighting. 

Charlie is a fluff ball with lots of personality.  The fluff plays well with this lighting.  Cutting the background with a large angled flat brush is the technique that works well with all the fluff.

Charlie still needs work.  I like addressing a different subject each day.  I am getting tired of painting in such a rush.  I will go back and work up many of these paintings to get them where I want them to be.  I will repaint some of them on a larger scale.

Working fast is in my slow manner is good for me.  I ought to do this exercise every couple of months, maybe for 10 days.  Then there is my few days of getting up to speed.  It took me longer this time, because I went a period time without picking up a brush.  I am definitely loosed up now and ready for serious painting.

1 comment: