Monday, September 19, 2016

Pulley on Table

I decided to show a picture of this one my work table.  I was painting to Susan Boyle "Hope."  Could have painted all night on the wings of her music. 

Actually, I had planned to paint a dog for a friend's friend.  I have never met the dog, and the photo given me was workable, but not pulling me.  I can do this.  Well there is a lot of fur and subtle values.  My time today was limited today.  I wanted to work on the dog in the morning.  I am fresher. 

So this is time management within the challenge.  I set the dog aside this evening and started on a simple still life.  This is of one of three ship's pulleys, collected by my dad.  He was in the Navy so he was drawn to this kind of stuff. 

I will post a cropped version of the painting for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" blog.

Don't worry Hugo, the dog should appear tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment