Tuesday, July 28, 2009


Three Frogs Hangin' 2
$150.00???
1/4 sheet
Again I do not have the specs on the painting and it is at Waverly House. This was painted for the same show as 'Resting Dragonfly.' It did make it into the show.
I cut the mat with name of the board showing up on the front. I asked if I could return the next moring with the painting, for I was tied up with doctor's appointments for my parents.
The second mat was too small and I told the gallery owner that I wanted to fix the mat if it made it into the show. I did fix the mat and was told that the painting would had receive. an award if the mat had been right. I was encouraged that the judges like the paint that much. This was the first show I had entered in a year, since moving my elderly parents. At the time I felt rusty.
I started over with this painting. The first one had issues. I actually painted this one in one evening. The next morning I decided to add withe to the surface of the water. The intention was to make it cool as a contrast to the under the water. This is a little reminiscent of 'Fish Frolic.' I should up load that one next.
I got my material by downloading several images of frog heads in the water and frog bodies. I was careful not to copy, but started sketching and came up withe the drawing.
The under water and bodies is a lot of wet into wet, and then glazing. The fuzziness lends to the under water effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment