Sunday, July 12, 2009





I have found a way to add two images at once. We will see how this looks. This painting is a challenge from a website. I first sketched the sitting man. Then I added background interest using a dry-wall patch kit from the garage. Don't tell my husband.

I wanted to remove some of the spots. Since sepia was in the mix a tan color remained. Now I am developing some of the color temperatures and shadowing in the man's clothes. I am surprised how much green is present in the man's skin.

He seems to sit on the page well. I may not have to develop what he is sitting on much. His clothes are blue. The temperature of different areas will help in modeling his clothes. Painting his skin will be fun. I wish there was more of it.

Now I must let everything dry very well, before detail can be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment