Tuesday, July 28, 2009



Resting Dragonfly

$150.00 ??

1/4 sheet

I have not been good at keeping accurate records of my paintings lately. I am not sure of the size or price of this piece. I do know that it is at the Waverly House Gallery.

This was painted for a competition on "Green." This did not make it in the show.

This painting should not have not been the struggle that it was. The soft hot press paper made painting the leaves a nightmare. Hard edges would appear constantly after paint dried. This is the hard edge where pigment would float to the edge. I solved the problem be adding a little white to my greens. This also helped in achieving the color I wanted. The dragonfly was a challenge because of the transparent wings. This is one of my paintings that has has to be viewed up close. The wings show more than in the photo. The photo was taken on a bush outside of the Naples condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment