Thursday, September 11, 2014

Two Turtles

I used two photos for this painting.  The main photo was of the large turtle.  I liked the yellow-green of the water.  The blue reflections to the left attracted me.  I like how the turtle was almost totally visible, but was still under the water.  The moss in the water fuzzed out some of his detail. 

I decided that he needed a bubby.  The little turtles face lines were a struggle.  I think I was fighting the paper.  He was painted second.  If I had attacked him first I would of started over to keep him cleaner.  Note to self: when I am trying to achieve tight detail; do that first. 

The blue was a struggle, and not quite what I wanted.  I am going to have to work on my lights with color. 

Over all I think the painting is successful.  I don't have to meet all my goals to have a painting work.  It is part of my drive to go with what is happening and not with what I want.  Sometimes I want more control, but it may not be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment