Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Spirits Soar with Eyes Closed

I know that I have been missing for a few days.  I took and trip to St. Louis, with my husband, kids and families.  We had a great time.  If you ever get to St. Louis, the City Museum is a must.  It is a visual picnic, with a lot of climbing and crawling.

This is a painting of my grand-daughter.  She is now four.  It was very strange to see her in makeup for her first dance recital.  This painting is based on a photo that was taken after the performance.  The low light caused her moving arms to blur.  I tried to keep this painting very painterly.  Shapes and values were very important.

Ari is almost blond right now.  Her hair looked darker in the photo.  She has also spent the summer in the sun and pool.  I do see myself and my daughter in this face.  She seems to get cuter every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment