Friday, September 12, 2014

Maxwell

I think that I am hitting my stride with quick paintings.  It seems less of a struggle now.  This took an hour.  Getting Max to pose, the quick sketch, developing shape and form, took one hour.

I purposely kept this loose.  The black was a triad of blue, green and red.  The black had to be elusive or it would  just becomes black.  subtle shading in the black forms makes or breaks black passages.  White is much easier to paint. 

Normally I erase as many of my pencil marks as I can.  With the sketchy technique, I chose to leave all remaining pencil.  My lines were minimal to begin with.

Max is my French Bulldog.  He is roughly 18 months old.  My English Bulldog died, after a season where I lost a preemie grandson.  A good artist friend died.  And then my father passed.  The bulldog was my last loss.  Gosh I needed happy in my life someway, somehow. 

Max came home Two weeks after my Maggie died.  He was named Maxwell Huggins III.  He was my third bulldog, my first male and first French Bulldog.  I was surprised how little this 6 lb. puppy was.  English bulldogs are twice the size.  He had such large paws to fill.

Max, did his job well.  He progressed with puppy training.  He was an angel.  He grew up loyal and smart.  He went from a very eager to please pup to a very independent guy.  After working with behavioral issues one by one we are back to better obedience.  He is happy and lovable, and not in trouble so much.

 I almost kissed him, today, when he put himself in his crate, with the words, "Mommy is going bye-bye."  The game had been 'catch me, if you can.'  He is a fast little fellow.  I never played this game, but it was difficult to figure out how I could get around this.

Earlier this week we conquered the bedtime issue.  Max was like every other kid in the world.  He did not want to go to bed.  No one told Max, that I am truly the boss.  He is very smart and I think he has figured it out.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment