Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Shell with Pink

 
 
Shell with Pink
 
I have taken a challenge of a painting a day for thirty days.  The first posting I did not put on this link maybe I will be successful of connecting tonight.  I have a cold and it is my birthday but I am determined.
 
This was complicated little shell to paint for a simple study.  I tried not to paint every little nub and shadow.  The texture and the movement was what I wanted to capture.  Scraping when the paint was wet helped me achieve some of the texture within the shell. 
 
I drew curves extending from the arcs of the shell into the background.  Then I under-painted color into each shape.  Carving out the outline with the development of the background just felt good.  At some point in this process I decided to turn the subject on it's side.  The paper turned as well as the shell.
 
This evening when doing a few touch ups I notice the shadow created by the lamp on my table put red in the under shadow.  I see things I could do to this, but this is probably and exercise in letting go.
I am done for the day.  Tomorrow I am home so I will try to post the painting from day one on the blog as well as my third study.


No comments:

Post a Comment