Thursday, January 5, 2017

White Welk

Day 5, 30 Paintings in 30 Days

This is also card size.  I have been working on a larger painting most of the day.  Being white the darker background helps define this shell.  Lines play an important role here.  I usually have a hard time getting the inside to curve and fall in.  The Welk has a bend at the upper part of the inside.  

When live, the animal buries itself in the sand point up.  Must watch where you step in low tide.  Smaller ones are sharp.  I wonder it the whelk's eyes are near the point.  I will have to pull one up and check this out.

I heard today that I may be able to enter the Gallery group I want to I have been waiting for a space to open up.  Fingers crossed.  The will put me into super paint mode. 

It is off to bed tonight.  I want to get the tree out of the living room and then I am having friends over for pizza night.  I better hit the brushes really early tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment