Thursday, December 12, 2019

                                 
  Octopus in Seagrass
19"X14" Framed

I am fascinated with Octopuses.  Empty Bowls is a event in Naples, Florida to raise funds for the food challenged.  To date I have painted 3 different octopus on platters to be auctioned for the charity.

This is the only octopus painting that I have in a frame.  At our grand opening in my new studio, there was a lady who kept staring at this painting almost a loving way.  I asked if she needed to take this one home.  Her response was that she wanted to eat it.  Her favorite food was octopus.  Her family caught and ate octopus regularly, when she was a child.  That lead to a discussion on these creatures, with her answering many of my question about the octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment