Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Jelly Fish



Jelly Fish
30"X31"

This painting is almost a square.  When a painting is reversable, the choices are between portrait and landscape presentations.  This is the first time that maybe a painting could be hung turned completely upsidedown.  If a painting is reversible I will sign it on two sides and install two wires.  The wall options are not changed because this is a square.  The option would be preference of view.

Friends from my neighborhood visited my gallery at the November show.  I explained that this painting was based on a photo taken in an aquarium.  The jelly fish seem to hang heads done in this setting.  Not sure why.  When observed in outside bodies of water their heads are on top.  That is when someone suggested the painting could be hung upsidedown.

????
What do you think?  which way would you hang this painting.  Should I take this painting out of the frame and sign it on the opposite side too.

No comments:

Post a Comment