Friday, August 7, 2015

Speckled Crab

Having trouble adjusting the color on this one.  I will make a note to take a photo at night, so I have no conflicting light.  Me Eyes are tired.  Two weeks and both eyes will be back.  I can't wait.

I think this crab is done.  It started out as a day painting.  Then I reworked it.  A new, painting a day, challenge is starting in September.  I can't wait to start.  It is fun to throw a painting together in a day, quickly exploring many different subjects. 

This is a crab that I found dead on the beach.  It was easy to pose him for photos.  If he were alive he would be running from me.  I do not know the name of this species.  Pictures are on the web, but no name.  I have most of my recourses at my Florida home, so identification is eluding me.

It will be good to get back to Florida and to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment