Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pier

The Naples pier was has a history with this community.  Now it is a gathering place.  Fishermen come at all times of day to fish.  No license is needed to fish off the pier.  At sunset the end of the pier loads up with people to watch the sunset. 

This subject is much too intricate for just a day painting .  The perspective is off or maybe more of the pier has to be shown to make sense.  I experimented a lot in using rich colors to set the scene.  I will definitely visit this one again.

My last painting will have to be tomorrow.  I have started a self portrait.  I am reluctant to paint.  I have so many other things to do, but I am pressing on to finish the 30 paintings.  I have not made it easy on my self with the subjects I have chosen, but I love the challenge. 

This will be the first time I have finished the thirty days.  Several of the last couple times I attempted this, I fell away within a few days.  Life just got in the way.  Not there yet but I have almost made it.  Unless I rebel you will see my last painting of this series tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment