Thursday, July 1, 2010

I wish to start a painting in the morning. I will use a previous photo and memory. The sky was boiling in indigo maybe Payne's gray. The sea is lighter in soft greens. Maybe white will be needed to achieve these colors. Oops. I did not bring my suitcase of paint tubes. Must make due with what is on my pallate. The water is darker at the horizon. A strip of violet is a quarter of the way out in the water as the water gets deeper but then lightens again before it darkens at the horizon. The water is tanner with sand stirred up in the surf before or where the waves break. The foam from the waves are white. The sand is lightest where it is dry but is violet where the water has just wetted the sand. I guess this is a reflection of the sky. The pier is deep brown. Brown madder with a lot of ultramarine blue. The building half way out is deep rusty red. Three orange lights shine from the snack bar and cleaning station.

Here's hopping the vision will not fade by morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment