Monday, April 12, 2010

Yaaahoo! My frame order just arrived. I am doing a show in Charleston, MO, at the end of the week. It will be good to get more work into frames. I have been struggling with a change in cameras. I will survive, and maybe even develop a few new brain cells. I have not had the guts to start up the giclee printer yet. That will probably happen this evening.

Too Pretty to Eat
Watercolor
14"x 16"
$400.00

I took this photo at a farmer's market. This is another case of a really good photo leading to a good painting. I changed the configuration of the poles and the and the sign to make a better composition. After painting a few very tedious paintings, this one was a good change. There is a lot of wet-into-wet work here. I also use the technique of painting toward the wet. This makes nice fading of color when getting to a highlight.

A colored pencil was used to carve out lines in the paint. I really don't think color came from the pencil on the wet paper, but adding pressure on paper with a sharp object will leave dark lines. The drawing action, that comes with a pencil, in hand felt easy. Hmmm, I wonder if that could be a way of signing your name.
I entered this into the Spring show at the Waverly house. The show will open the first weekend in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment