Sunday, April 11, 2010


I am producing a lot of work and I am happy. The last couple of days have been spent, visiting with and old friend and my son. Inside the artist was grumbling. Minimal work got done. It was great to take a break for good purposes. Honestly my hair was been stretched from my pulling on it. I was Working too much. Pleasing the artist is elusive.
I cannot stand it. I have started changes to 'Night Balloons.' Even if it is accepted into the show I will not be happy without the changes. I think changes will be minor enough that they will not be noticed.
Old Engine
22"x 15"
Watercolor
$500.00
This painting was painted for the Finley River Train Show. I took the photo outside a train museum in California. The lighting and the view here makes a good composition. There is tedious detail, but not too much. I did have to grid with the drawing to make sure everything was where it belonged the first time. Got into a little trouble with the grid lines in the sky but I think I over came it. Must remember to keep lines like that light, but there is also a fight to see them.
I plan to repaint this much larger and then submit it to Watercolor USA next year. The plan is to work slowly, working out all the issues as I go. It would be novel to finish something earlier than 5 minutes before it is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment