Friday, June 12, 2009

I started a painting using small orchids. One was a brilliant magenta. The other is a striking yellow with reddish purple spots.

The drawing on this one was not so hot. Composition lacks. There is a lot of fixing to do. Oh well sometimes great paintings rises from the one that needs to be saved. I may try another one if the orchids hold up.

I was having a time getting the magenta color. Every combination of blue and rose was dull. I know if I would use opera I could achieve the color I want. I refuse to do that because opera is fugitive.

I was messing around before a painting session and discovered that Rembrandt Mauve and rose come the closest to the magenta I want. Keeping the paint light and pumping up the vibrancy with background colors helps. I also deiced that the yellow orchids will be the center of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment