Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One Cold Night
20"x13
Watercolor
$400.00
This painting was done from a photo taken when I went with my son's scout troop to visit a TV station in Chicago. We took the train. Eight boys on the train are a nightmare. We visited the tree just before going home. I did think we were going to freeze to death. What impressed me about this tree was the amount of space in which it is displayed. The New York tree is in a much more crowded space.

Miskit created the lights. I had to work to get the dark values built up. There actually is a lot of light in the city at night. The warmth the tree created by the tree reflects in the buildings. The cold icy contrast is expressed with the blues surrounding the tree's reflection. This was a fun painting to paint. I enjoyed the looseness. I must work on a few more night paintings. Reflections are just fun.

1 comment:

  1. You should definately do more night paintings, this one is stunning. Thank you for sharing, Barb

    ReplyDelete